The University are busily planning for your arrival, especially due to the impending hurricane on your move-in day, Sunday, Aug. 28.
Because of the forecasted inclement weather, we wish to accommodate any resident who wishes to move-in before the storm begins. As such, we are offering you the opportunity to arrive on either:
- Saturday, Aug. 27 between Noon and 5 p.m., or
- Sunday, Aug. 28 between Noon and 5 p.m.
By moving in on Saturday, we hope to minimize any danger (and sogginess) you might experience from moving-in on Sunday’s originally scheduled move-in time. However, we recognize that you may already have plans that require you arrive on Sunday; we’ve ensured that you can still check-in during your originally scheduled time.
On both days, all check-ins and key pick-ups will occur at the Wilson Front Desk.
Should you move-in on Saturday, please remember:
- The Code of Conduct, which governs all students’ behaviors, will be in effect. You will be expected to make informed decisions and accept the consequences of poor choices.
- Meal plans will begin on Saturday for lunch (Noon-1:45 p.m.). If you are not on a meal plan, but wish to eat in the Wilson Dining Hall, discounted rates will be available for lunch ($7) and dinner ($10). Wilson Express will not be open during the weekend.
- Starbucks will be open both Saturday and Sunday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- You must respect that Welcome Weekend events are designed for only first-year students to attend. Please also remember that University offices open during the weekend will only be staffed to accommodate the needs of our first-year students.
- The ARC will be open on both Saturday, Aug. 27 from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m. and Sunday, Aug. 28 from Noon to 8 p.m. for all students.
- You will not be permitted to host guests until Monday (per Welcome Weekend policy).
We hope that these accommodations will benefit many of you and ensure safer travels.